Sunday, June 24, 2012

4-Leaf Clover Cuff Pattern Review

These beautiful Four Leaf Clove Bracelet Cuffs were created from a pattern (I purchased, on-line) which was designed by Helena Tang-Lim of Singapore.  Helena is a world renowned designer/bead-weaver, highly acclaimed for her fine artistry. This was the first of her patterns that I have tried, and am very pleased to report:  


This pattern is very easy to follow, nothing tricky at all.  The wording and the diagrams are such that a beginner level bead-weaver could easily create one of these cuffs in a few hours.

I particularly like the simplicity of the design, that it is versatile enough to be worn as an elegant accessory with an evening gown as well as with a tee-shirt and  favorite pair of faded jeans.  These cuffs are sturdy and yet light and airy.  They have a wonderful feel to them, and are very comfortable to wear.


Helena very kindly "named" these bracelets for me:  Cotton Candy, Bubble Gum and Choco-Mint. :-)


The pattern calls for 3mm pearls.  Using "destash" beads, I discovered that this pattern will work with 4mm beads (as shown in the two close-ups).  Size 4mm beads were used as the center row in these two bracelets.  The effect is that the center row "pop ups" a bit, rather than to lay flat as in the Bubble Gum Cuff.  The textured effect worked out quite nicely, I think...
   
Though I liked the effect of the textured look of the Cotton Candy Cuff, I did attempt to compensate by using size 8/0  rather than 11/0 accent beads for the Choco-Mint Cuff.  My plan did not work, as the center row of 4mm clovers still "popped" up, but did show that the entire pattern still works well using a larger accent bead.  The variations of this pattern are endless!  Note the Bubble Gum (top picture, center)  where I picked up the accent color of the outer rows in the middle.  I can't wait to try more...  

No comments:

Post a Comment